Installation Instructions :
- Click the “Download Latest Release” button above to save executable file to a folder on your hard drive. The location of saved file depends on settings of your browser, usually it is the default “Downloads” folder.
- On some systems you may be prompted to approve the download process because the file comes from “unknown location”. It is ok to approve the download, if you do not, the program will not be downloaded and you will not be able to run it.
- If the browser asks you to “Run the program after download is complete?” say Yes or mark the appropriate checkbox, otherwise locate the downloaded file using file browser and double click to run it. The installer will copy necessary files and create a shortcut on your Desktop.
- Double click on the shortcut icon to launch the application. You may optionally move the shortcut to a location that is more convenient for you to start the program (drag and drop it to Windows Taskbar, for example, if your desktop has too many icons).
- Use your login name and password to log into the system.
- Windows Defender Warning: if you get a pop up shown below, “Windows protected your PC” please click “More info” link, and then “Run anyway”. AlphaBot software is developed with all necessary safety and security protocols in mind and is safe to run.
- Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 7 with installed .NET Framework 4.5 and up.
- (Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 from Official Microsoft Web Site )
- Processor: x86 or x64 1 GHz Pentium processor or equivalent (minimum); 1 GHz Pentium processor or equivalent (recommended)
- RAM: 2 GB (minimum); 4 GB (recommended)
- Hard disk: up to 200 Mb of available space may be required
- Display: 1340 x 720, 256 colors (minimum); 1920 x 1080 high color, 32-bit (recommended)
- Current version of the program works only on a Windows system. However, you may still run AlphaBot on a Mac by using one of many available virtualization programs that allow running Windows programs (and entire Windows system) inside your Mac.
- Available programs include Parallels, VirtualBox, and VMware (not affiliated with AlphaBot or AlphaTech Investment Solutions). There are additional options such as using BootCamp to allow your Mac to boot into either Mac OS or Windows.
- Using a virtual machine has the advantage of allowing running both Windows and Mac OS at the same time, without rebooting. Please follow the instructions for your chosen method to get Windows up and running, then use the Installation Instructions above to download and install the program from your new Windows installation.
- You may google the web for “running Windows software on Mac” to find more information, instructions, and examples. This is a common situation and there are many resources available.
- NOTE: some of the software mentioned above as well as Windows OS itself may require licensing and additional fees (not related to AlphaBot).
NOTE: If you experience frequent update issues (shortcuts no longer working, program “Alphabot.exe” disappearing, or error messages during updates), please let us know. This issue can be caused by overly aggressive Window Defender settings on some systems and we are looking for a solution. Thank you!